You’re not doomed to toss and turn every night! Recent studies show that smart phone addiction can lead to sleeping disorders and effect our lives in serious ways. Consider these five evidence-based tips for better sleep:
- Schedule timeouts. First, turn off your phone at certain times of the day, such as when you’re attending meetings, having dinner, playing with your kids and of course, driving.
- Ban apps from mobile devices. Remove social media apps, like Facebook and Twitter, from your phone, and only check in from your laptop. Try to wean yourself to 15-minute intervals at set times of the day when it won’t affect work or family life.
- Go gray scale. Experts suggest going black and white. Pretty colors are engaging, while gray is boring.
- Substitute. Try to replace your smart device time with healthier activities such as meditating or interacting with real people.
- Power off. Don’t bring your cellphone and its harmful blue light to bed. Use an old-fashioned alarm to wake you.
The attorneys at Drury Pullen, A Professional Law Corporation are available to assist you with your family law needs during these challenging times. Feel free to call us 24/7 at (805) 879-7523 and leave a message if you do not reach a live person. Calls will be returned as they are received. You are also welcome to contact us via the Contact Us page on our website. We remain available to our clients and community with remote services such as court filings, negotiations, mediation and emergency services. Please follow us on Instagram @CaliforniaDivorce and come back to this blog for more information.